40 by 40 list……
As a challenge to myself and to give me some ideas of things to do in the future, I have decided to challenge myself to do 40 things BEFORE my 40th birthday.
They may not be life changing or in fact really “out there” but I’d like to think there’s things to keep me occupied and active for a while.
- Amsterdam with Stuart
- Paris with dad
- Learn to drive
- Keep up the blogging
- Take some dance classes
- Silent disco at the Natural History Museum
- Adopt an orang-utan
- Attend a gaming convention.
- Read a new book a month – and review it.
- Get to the Discworld Emporium
- Scuba dive a wreck or reef
- Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant
- Visit to Competa
- Get a henna tattoo
- Enter an eating contest
- See Eddie Izzard in stand up
- Make twitter nicer – #PratchettPostal
- Visit Germany
- Boudoir shoot
- Cocktails on a beach at sunset with Stuart.
- Complete my Discworld jigsaws and get them framed.
- Complete at least a half marathon.
- Have a walk with Dean.
- See the Aurora Borealis
- Spend more time in Prague
- Do at least 1 30 day gym type challenge
- Zip wire
- Go to somewhere fab in Scotland
- Mile challenge – 50 per month minimum
- Learn to dance in heels
- Go dancing in the rain
- Get out to Poole Quay to see the fireworks
- Outdoor cinema
- Enter another tv quiz – the chase or pointless with my pointless friend
- Become a better penpal
- Free Hug Day
- Throw a beach party
- Learn to make dough and make my own pizzas – including shaping the dough 😉
Wish me luck!!
++++edit 08012018 – so far I have done a couple of these – dancing in the rain, zip lining and adopting an orangutan. I have also seen the fireworks at Poole Quay and got more into both blogging and running. I am learning to drive (slowly) and feel like that’s something to get Done this year (i’m hoping anyway)
++++edit18122018 – ok so the year has gone well so far, I’ve gone to a couple of conventions now, spent the year sending out Pratchett books as part of #PratchettPostal – 110 at last count which is simply stunning, i’ve sort of started to prepare myself for next years challenges and am accruing more people into my penpal group. So far, so good!
Lots to do and look forward to 🙂