I tend to do random things as New Year’s Resolutions every year, they don’t tend to be giant change the world type of things but more little challenges to challenge me and to keep me going.
One of my 2019 goals is to do a 30 day slow cooker challenge, I probably wont do this every day for 30 days as myself and the man don’t often eat together and neither of us eat 3 meals a day but i’m hoping to have a list of 30 odd days worth of recipes which when I (or we) make them I will do my best to document and we I think will do a kind of top 10 of the meals once we’ve had them and that’ll give me something else to focus on.
I love experimenting with new flavours but also old classics, last night, we made a chilli con carne with A LOT of carolina reaper sauce and it was yummy – lots of beans, jalapenos, good mince, onions, peppers, mushrooms and the standard spices of coriander, cumin, tabasco, and the aforementioned Carolina sauce. I have even got some for my lunch today, am hoping the flavours will really have improved overnight.
Here’s a list of recipes I’ve found from Pinterest mostly which I’m thinking sound delightful and therefore need to be played with! (where I can, I’ve also share the link to the recipe page, have a look, see if anything tickles your fancy!).
- www.gimmesomeoven.com/slow-cooker-apple-crisp – this sounds divine as far as i’m concerned and should be good for a dessert at some point this month.
- www.laurengreutman.com/crockpot-ropa-vieja – the pictures of this made my mouth water. I love cuban food and think the slow cooking will help as the meat should be falling apart once it’s ready.
- http://thewelshyankie.blogspot.com/2015/02/slow-cooker-meatloaf.html – I am obsessed with Meatloaf….I mean, what’s the deal with the ketchup? I have a few American friends who make banging versions so thought this would be a good way for me to learn.
- http://www.theslowcookinghousewife.com/slow-cooker-sausage-potatoes/ – these look simply amazing. I’ve said before I look at food like some people see porn but I think this is understandable when you see food like this!
- https://therecipecritic.com/slow-cooker-chicken-mushroom-stroganoff/ – again, another stunning looking dish. Unusual as it’s chicken as opposed to beef but I’m sure this will be yummy.
- www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50007/slow-cooker-loaded-potatoes/ – another american fave which I’m late to the party on. Cannot wait to try but may need a party or something as these look like a good thing to take along!
- https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/easy-slow-cooker-cinnamon-rolls/ – the man in my life is OBSESSED with cinnamon so I think this dessert will really hit the spot for him.
- http://bakingqueen74.co.uk/chcken-saag-curry-slow-cooker/ – any curry is good curry as far as i’m concerned, so many wonderful flavour combos and the joy of walking into the house and smelling such a yummy curry wafting out of the kitchen is going to be a good day!
- https://dizzybusyandhungry.com/easy-slow-cooker-olive-parmesan-bread/ – I am such a fan of bread, so this seemed like both a yum thing to make but also an interesting experiment in slow cooker bread making.
- https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slow-cooker-mozzarella-stuffed-meatballs – how stunning do these sound?? they look superb and given my view that Pasta is life I think these will go down well.
- http://jeanetteshealthyliving.com/pressure-cooker-instantpot-lentil-chili/ – I didn’t want this to be all about slow cooking so this lentil chilli sounds good to me, plus the joy of pressure cooking is that things really are done super quick!
- recipesfromapantry.com/instant-pot-iced-tea – not to be forgotten, I thought i’d include a drink of some kind in here. I’m hoping to find a good recipe for iced tea as I find it really refreshing in summer.
- https://rasamalaysia.com/instant-pot-creamy-garlic-parmesan-pasta/2/ – see my previous comments about Pasta = life and I think that’s enough said!
- https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-cheesecake-new-york/ – another superb dessert – I mean, who doesn’t love a good cheesecake?
- https://temeculablogs.com/no-soak-instant-pot-baked-beans/ – I’m not a fan of regular baked beans – my partner thinks i’m mental as I don’t like the sauce so will rinse them before I eat them – but these look divine.
- /www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-lemon-curd/?utm_source=socialshare&utm_campaign=pinterest – I love making jams and the like but have never really got a great lemon curd recipe so am hoping that this will be sharp, sweet, uncious and lovely.
- https://www.raegunramblings.com/2017/01/pressure-cooker-indian-butter-chicken-recipe.html?mc_cid=9bbd09031e – It’s often a toss up in my life as to if I want curry or italian to eat, I tend to go from one to the other and this sounds simply gorgeous and not too hot which is good for the man in my life.
- https://mommysmemorandum.com/instant-pot-rice-pudding-recipe/ – another dessert that looks lovely. I need to have a balanced diet right??
- https://www.everynookandcranny.net/instant-pot-chicken-satay/ – ok, maybe this will be one that’s just for me as I love Peanut butter but the man hates it…..oh well, more for me!
- https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/instant-pot-mac-and-cheese/ – another classic italian (or american) meal. something that for me just screams comfort food.
- http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/low-syn-slow-cooker-sausage-casserole-slimming-world/ – Pinch Of Nom is a really great site to use if you are looking for Slimming world or Weight watchers friendly recipes. I love a sausage casserole and this has a good variety of veg inside.
- https://www.copymethat.com/r/LetfTL3/pressure-cooker-chicken-dumplings/ – another excellent idea for winter times, stew and dumplings is an old family favourite so am looking forward to taking an old recipe and making it my own.
- https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-instant-pot-weeknight-chicken-and-rice-burrito-bowls-248311 – another thing I’m looking forward to is that a lot of these recipes are for batch cooking so I’m very much hoping that my work lunches will become more fun, especially with recipes like this.
- https://thisoldgal.com/pressure-cooker-best-wild-mushroom-risotto/ – ok, risotto may be a big ask in either a slow or pressure cooker but am taking this challenge to try and see, who knows, maybe i’ll find something truly life changing for me.
- https://lifemadesweeter.com/instant-pot-minestrone-soup/ – another recipe I feel that the next day’s lunch will probably nicer than the night before’s dinner.
- http://www.lincyscookart.com/2014/07/pressure-cooker-pineapple-upside-down.html?m=1 – another stunning looking dessert. I’m having a real pineapple thing at the moment so am hoping this lives up to my expectations.
- http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-diet-coke-pepsi-max-chicken-slimming-world/ – another PON recipe which I’ve been thinking about trying for a while. I’m not sure that diet coke as a cooking sauce is a good thing but it seems to be really popular so maybe they know something I don’t?
- www.veganricha.com/2017/08/instant-pot-aloo-gobi-curried-potato-cauliflower.html – more curry yumminess!
- http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/one-pot-cheeseburger-pasta – another great site for those trying to eat healthier or lose weight. This just ticks all the boxes for me, pasta – check, cheese – check, burger – check.
So there you have it. 30 recipes I will be trying, i’m also learning to use a new camera so now I have a perfect chance to practise my food photography!
Do you have such recipes you always rely on? feel free to send me anything you think would appeal, am always happy to expand my knowledge!